- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups finely chopped broccoli crowns , (see Tip)
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper , to taste
- Whisk garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, water chestnuts, bacon, cranberries and pepper.
- Stir to coat with the dressing.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Tip: Most supermarkets sell broccoli crowns, which are the tops of the bunches, with the stalks cut off. Although crowns are more expensive than entire bunches, they are convenient and there is considerably less waste.
Serving size: 1 scant cup
Per serving: 92 calories; 5 g fat(2 g sat); 2 g fiber; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 35 mcg folate; 10 mg cholesterol; 4 g sugars; 3 g added sugars; 1,480 IU vitamin A; 44 mg vitamin C; 36 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 160 mg sodium; 191 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (73% daily value), Vitamin A (30% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: ½
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat